Instagram

Friday, February 1, 2013

Former Razorback Coaches Throw Players Under the Bus.

Earlier this week an article came out through Sporting News talking with former Arkansas Razorback coaches Paul Haynes, Paul Petrino, and John L. Smith. What the men had to say has Razorback Nation up in arms. Players are also upset as they are at the center of the story. The story is based around the fact that the former coaches say the players quit on them. You can read the article here

I understand that the coaches are upset as to how the season went down. But the problem I have with them going out and throwing the players under the bus is that they are all coaching. All three are Head Coaches now. Paul Haynes is now the Head Coach at Kent St. Paul Petrino is the Head Coach at Idaho. John L. Smith actually got another Head coaching job at Fort Lewis College which is Division II.

Maybe the players did quit some on the coaching staff. There were a lot of issues going on last season. But correct me if I am wrong but I believe a coaches job is to coach the players and if they did quit then the coaches should try harder to get the attention of the players. I think the coaches quit first. It was especially prevalent in the second half of the Louisiana Monroe game.

Coaches are supposed to be role models of the players. Most players will have their coaches in their lives throughout their career and even their life. This act by these men shows no class to me. They showed that they really don't care for those kids. I hope parents of kids who might end up at those schools read the article and really think about the men they are before letting their child go there. I felt like those men were in a lame duck situation but they should have made the best of it and used the season as a showcase for their resume. Unless a player comes out and bad mouths a coach and he is responding then coaches should always have the players back. As I fan I feel disrespected by those three men. I can only imagine how the players that played for them felt.

How you feel about coaches throwing players under the bus?

No comments:

Post a Comment